Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chiro Visit

Back has been bothering me for at least 2 months now.  Although I've had a few visits to Dave, things don't seem to be getting better.  I'm having a hard time straightening up when I get out of my chair and I don't like to pick things up off the floor.

Since the old regular hasn't been working, he is going to try something else with me.  We are going to focus on some hip stretches.  I am to go back in 2 weeks time.

#1
On the floor with legs like you are going to do Samson strech, but:
Angle out the back leg as far as you can so you feel the stretch and keep your pelvis point forward
Put kettle bell down to keep your foot from drifting back in
Do 2 minutes each leg

#2
On a bench, put your shin on it and hand, other leg on floor out from the bench.  Move around, squat, whatever to get a good stretch.

#3
on floor, bench, couch, whatever....
Put your leg up in bent position where
knee falls out, away from your body.
lean down into stretch...will probably
feel in butt and other places



 #4
Do the floor rolls
Flat on back.
Arms overhead
Bring one arm up to point at ceiling....lead with that arm and roll over keeping the lower body still.  Do not use lower body

#5
Get on hands and knees
Right arm out and left leg back.  Do not allow your pelvis/hips to sway.
Repeat with opposite

#6
Sit on table...bring foot up the opposite shin without lifting your leg
Sit on table...turn foot out..rotation

#7
Do couch stretches
He also mentioned during the golf swing that you rotate your rib cage, not your entire upper body, which is what I do.  I probably due this because of tightness.
I asked about deadlifts.  He said it's ok to do them but not to chase PR's

Diet
In Charlottetown today.  Ate a Timothy's breakfast sandwich, pizza from Urban Eatery for lunch, a Cliff bar as a morning snack and then turkey dinner at Rhonda & Tony's.  I'm stuffed.


No comments:

Post a Comment